Every fall, Isaac recruits on campus in search for Operational Improvement Consultants to join our team for full-time post-grad jobs, summer internships, and co-op placements. We will be back on campus next year looking for individuals with conceptual engineering expertise, the drive to achieve results, and the desire to make the most out of their career and life. Check back in September 2020 for our campus recruitment schedule – we hope to meet you then!
Engineering – Operations Improvement Consultant
Who we are.
We are an Operational Consulting Company that delivers profit through performance improvement of any manufacturing, engineering, or business process. We are engineers who use our technical ability to solve problems in a variety of settings – automotive, food & drink, consumer goods, healthcare, and most recently energy. We are growing by 25% year on year.
We are on campus this fall in search for Operational Improvement Consultants to join our team for both full-time post-grad jobs, summer internships, or co-op opportunities.
Who are you?
You have the drive and energy to achieve results
You have exceptional listening and verbal and written communication skills
You have the ability to lead and motivate others as either a team member or leader
You have a rigorous analytical mind with a natural technical problem solving ability
You have exceptional interpersonal skills to explain ideas and concepts clearly
You have the ability and confidence to implement change
You are excited for the opportunity to travel to client sites near and far
You have conceptual engineering expertise
More than anything, you avoid the status quo and want to get the best out of your career and your life!
What you’ll do.
You’ll contribute in 3 important ways.
1. Analysis – Work on-site to understand performance issues and causes of lost time on the production line, analyze historic production, waste and/or financial data
2. Engage with client teams – prepare client presentations, develop performance measurements and other analytical tools
3. Implement the solution – train and coach the client team on the new strategic approach
This is not a desk job. As a consultant you will be working with all levels of a business from the shop floor to the boardroom on a daily basis. Spending your time on the front line with a welder, machine operator or technician will help you fully understand the problems that they face. You’ll roll up your sleeves, run trials, and observe the problems first hand. This will give you the insight, credibility, and confidence you need to set the direction in the boardroom. Your technical, problem-solving ability will allow you to tackle complex problems, implement change, and ensure improvement is seen on the financial bottom line. We find this approach much more effective and enjoyable than simply writing reports.
Life at Isaac.
We push ourselves, in all aspects of our lives. You will be given a lot of responsibility early on in your career. You will be challenged beyond your comfort zone, but we’ll be there to support you – every step of the way. We tend to embody the ‘work hard play hard’ ethos, and part of this is a rule that we don’t work on weekends. As of 6pm on Friday, your only job is to make the most of the weekend.
Why work for us?
- Our entry level positions start at $60,000-$70,000 and includes profit sharing in your first year.
- 5 weeks of vacation for everyone at the company
- You’ll be a part of meaningful work that makes a strong impact for our clients.
- You’ll work with amazing people who genuinely love to spend time together.
- You’ll have great work-life balance – no working on weekends allowed.
- You’ll receive a comprehensive benefits package 100% covered by us.
- You’ll receive a generous annual wellness allowance.
- You’ll participate in company sponsored events and activities.
- We’re a Great Place to Work.
- 2019 Best Place to work with less than 100 employees
- 2019 Best places to work for giving back
- 2019 Best places to work for Inclusion
- 2018 Best places to work with less than 100 employees
- 2018 Best places to work for Millennials
- 2018 Best places to work for professional services
How to apply.
All applicants must attend the Information Session, where you will learn more about what we do and write our aptitude test to kick-start your application.